Design Oriented Developer
Creative shop in Dallas’ Bishop Arts District seeks experienced Web Designer/Developer whose skill set combines the tech knowledge of an interactive coder with the creativity of a forward-thinking UX/UI/Graphic Designer.
Do you enjoy solving marketing challenges with creative, web-based solutions? Can you envision and implement just about anything required to build a great UX/UI web presence, from concept to launch, technology to creative, to online promotion and SEO? Are you a WordPress whiz who’s also comfortable working in just about any popular framework or website builder? Are you a motivated self-starter with proven design skills who is equally at ease working from directions or working with clients and coworkers to define project goals and solutions.
The position requires proven design and coding skills (see below), and the ability to collaborate with others: clients, designers, video editors, writers, and strategists, to deliver winning digital solutions.
- Design, Develop and Maintain Websites and Apps for clients and agency
- Develop scope/functionality/requirements, proposals, and estimates
- Define project goals and develop work plans to guide project production
- Translate needs and requirements into intuitive, intelligent designs within budget
- Project management of UX/UI design and production
- Provide ongoing technical support for agency and client websites
- Assist with Branding, Video or Design Projects as time allows.
- Creative and innovative problem-solving design skills
- Develop in a variety of platforms: WordPress, Statamic, Shopify, WooCommerce, etc…
- Experience in UX prototyping tools such as InVision, Proto.io, JustinMind, Etc…
- Superior UX/UI design skills, a keen eye and a desire to be pixel-perfect
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation, SEO tools and tactics
- Ability to install, configure and implement SEO tools.
- Creative Suite proficiency with excellent Photoshop retouching skills
- Experience in Mobile-First, and Responsive Web Design
- Experience with developing wireframes, prototypes and flow documents
- Experience interacting and communicating with clients.
- Team player with leadership qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the latest technologies and curiosity about emerging trends
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with server-side frameworks – Python, Ruby, PHP, Java, ASP, ASP.NET
- Experience with database systems such as SQL and Oracle
- Print design abilities or experience
- Video editing or production experience
- Commensurate with skills, knowledge, and abilities the candidate brings to the table.
- Growth/advancement opportunities
- Paid vacation/sick/personal days
- Retirement account matching at 3 years
- Medical/dental allowance
- Creative work environment
- Located in Dallas’ Bishop Arts District
- Free parking
About Holmes Millet Advertising:
Holmes Millet is a full service creative agency with a history of helping clients succeed in areas of branding, advertising, marketing, video production, and interactive development. Brand building is our main focus. We believe that every marketing activity must serve the company’s brand. Every member of our team is a seasoned creative professional with a wealth of experience to bring to any marketing challenge. We love what we do and our goal is to reflect that enthusiasm in our work. We approach every project – ad campaigns, websites, videos, sales materials, trade show exhibits and more – as a new opportunity to put our creativity to work for our clients.
Please send work examples and inquiries to:
350 North Zang Blvd., Dallas, TX 75208